Data Infrastructure Manager
Location: Santa Clara, California
As a Data Infrastructure Manager, you¹ll lead the design and development of the data systems and reporting tools to ensure that the business, product, support, and operations teams have the data they need to make crucial business decisions. You¹ll have the opportunity to design innovative data and analytics solutions and solve challenging problems using cutting edge data engineering technologies.
- Lead the effort to design, develop and support data warehouses, dashboards, and reporting tools for product support data
- Write extract, transform, and loads (ETL) to automate routine data collection and reporting processes using a variety of traditional as well as large-scale distributed data systems
- Collaborate with stakeholders and support engineers to ensure our data infrastructure meets constantly evolving requirements
- Write and review technical documents, including design, development, and revision documents
- Develop data mining or machine learning algorithms to predict demand and trends
- Support other ad-hoc data infrastructure related requests
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience with data warehousing and database management systems (SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, Ruby or Perl)
- Familiarity with non-relational data processing and storage systems (NoSQL and distributed database management systems)
- Experience in designing data models and data warehouses
- Experience writing and maintaining ETLs for either structured and unstructured data
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with Pig, HIVE, Mahout, Map Reduce is a plus
- Familiar with data mining and machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Familiar with various AWS, such as EMR, RDS, Redshift, etc.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.